Monday, July 25, 2011

Photography

I love taking photographs. I have not devoted a lot of time to studying techniques, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in doing at some point in the future. In my Google Reader today, I came across a contest from iheartfaces. The theme was "water" and the photo must include a face (at least one, I would imagine). So, figuring that I had hundreds of beach and pool photos, I started making a mental inventory of ones I really liked. One stood out in my mind, but I had to think back to where it would be located. My photo files are organized by year (and then by month), and I knew the photo in my head was taken in November and that Ben was little, so I went to November 2006, and there it was! This is one of my all-time favorite pictures:






It was taken at Fort DeSoto, and like I said, Ben was just over a year old. We walked out on the North Beach to play a little bit in the sand and on the playground. At the point that this photo was taken, Ben was whipped. I love everything about it. Here are some more from that day:






See, told ya he was tired!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the picture you were looking for! It is gorgeous. I can't believe how big Ben is now compared to these pictures. Time goes by SO fast. <3

    ReplyDelete